About Resurrection Catholic School
Resurrection Catholic School, located in the heart of historic Lancaster City, is a strong and vibrant school where children from diverse cultural backgrounds share the opportunity to achieve excellence in a safe, happy and spiritually nurturing environment. Our dedicated faculty, caring staff, devoted parents and enthusiastic volunteers provide a setting that builds character, self esteem and a desire to succeed.
Our Spiritual Life
Resurrection Catholic School is centered on the teachings of Christ with daily classes in religion, complemented by the rich traditions of the Roman Catholic Church through Mass, the Sacraments and Liturgical celebrations. Through their personal relationship with God, students grow in knowledge and understanding, making faith a very real and integral part of their lives.
The curriculum meets requirements for the Common Core Standards and for the Diocese of Harrisburg. Our core courses are taught daily and include integrated language arts, math, science, social studies and religion. Our weekly classes in art, music, library, Spanish, physical education and computer technology supplement the curriculum to teach the value of a creative, disciplined mind and a healthy, fit body. Upper grade students participate in National History Day and a science fair. Field trips, assemblies and other programs enhance the curriculum and allow our students to experience the culture, heritage and diversity of our community.
- Grades Kindergarten through 8.
- School Hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- We offer full-day Kindergarten.
- Before school care provided from 7:30 to 8 a.m.
- After school care available until 6 p.m.
- Uniforms worn by all students.
- Remedial instruction in reading, math, speech and counseling.
- Participate in government-approved school lunch program. USDA nondiscrimination statement.
- Financial assistance is available.
- Computer lab supports classroom instruction that incorporates technology and the use of SmartBoards.
- Multicultural backgrounds are celebrated.
- Catholic Youth Organization supports teaching basic skills and sportsmanship.
- Instrumental music instruction is offered to grades 3 to 8.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Elementary Schools.